Safe Sport Dashboard
Safe Sport Refresher course U110
Safe Sport Dashboard
Process for Judge Requests can be found here.
State Meet Host Responsibilities
Expectations to be considered for state meet hosts.
1) Follow all rules and policies set forth in USAG rule book.
2) Meet director must be accessible at all times to state committee.
3) Run a format that is most conducive to the athletes.
4) Ensure that meals and drinks readily available for the coaches.
5) Provide a quality sound system.
6) Provide quality equipment and mats that meet or exceed rulebook.
7) Provide responsible volunteers, preferably adults.
8) Ensure that first aid is available as per rules and policies.
9) Ensure adequate seating for spectators.
10) Have a photographer on hand. (Recommended)
11) Have state t shirts available. (Recommended)
12) Provide a designated seating area for competitors.
13) Provide a knowledgeable computer person.
14) Be efficient and correct with awards.
15) Regional Head is required to be paid by the meet host. (Paid one check to regional chairman).
16) State meet host is required to send pro score files to regional officers.
Following state meet, must provide required reports to State and Regional Administrative Committees.
Other important info:
State Meet Max Entry fees are as follows (entry prices are subject to change):
Level 2-5 $75/gymnast
Level 6-10 $85/gymnast
Xcel Bronze/Silver/Gold $75/gymnast
Xcel Platinum/Diamond $85/gymnast
Teams-DP and Xcel $40.00/team
State Meet Late Fees:
$10 Late Fee per gymnast for entries and fees received past the deadline set forth by host club.
If received within 10 days of competition, late fee is $25 per gymnast.
Late Qualifiers will not be charged a late fee as long as they are included on original roster (if received on time).
State Qualifying Scores (DP):
Level 2 32.00 AA *Can qualify with a 1 judge panel Level 3 32.00 AA *Can qualify with a 1 judge panel
Level 4 32.00 AA*Must have a 2-judge panel to qualify
Level 5 32.00 AA*Must have a 2-judge panel to qualify
Level 6 32.00AA*Must have a 2-judge panel to qualify
Level 7 32.00 AA *Must have a 2-judge panel to qualify
Level 8/9/10 32.00 AA*Must have a 2-judge panel to qualify
(Judging panel qualifications motion passed by the Iowa SAC 1/26/2023)
* Levels 6-10 Can Specialize at State; qualifying score of 8.0 is required for each event.
*AA must be achieved at a sanctioned meet.
** refer to R&P for mobility score.
State Meet Awards:
Team awards for state meet will go out 50% or a maximum of 10 places.
Individual awards for all-around, Bronze will go out 100% and Silver-Diamond will go out 50%.
Regional Qualifying Scores (DP)
Levels 6-10: 34.0 at State
Specialists in levels 6-8 may advance to Regionals by scoring at least 9.00 on their respective event(s). Levels 9-10 may advance to Regionals by scoring an 8.50 on their respective events. Declaration of specialist status must be made BEFORE the start of the State meet. May not petition into Regionals as a specialist.
The qualifying score to advance to Regionals for levels 8, 9, and 10 is a 34.0 achieved at the state meet.
Regional Entry Fees:
$110 for All Xcel Divisions
$125 for levels 6/7
$135 for level 8
$150 for levels 9/10
State Qualifying Scores (Xcel)
Bronze-Silver 34.00 AA *Can qualify with a 1 judge panel Gold-Diamond 32.00 AA *Must have a 2-judge panel to qualify
Specialist State qualifying scores:
Regional Qualifying Scores (Xcel)
Silver 35.5 AA
Gold 34.0 AA
Platinum-Diamond 33.5 AA
All Xcel divisions can specialize at Regionals with a qualifying score of 9.0 on each event, achieved at State Meet
Drop Back Date for Athletes:
Level Declaration Date: ALL DP & Xcel - February 15th
Gymnasts who drop back after this date cannot compete at State Meet at lower level.
Gymnasts may not compete in both a DP State and Xcel State Meet within the same "gymnastics year"--August 1 - July 31.
Iowa will impose annual $10 administrative fee for all active USAG gymnasts on your club roster (Xcel and Development Program Gymnasts). This must be post marked by February 15th, if it is not in hand by March 1st the fee will increase to $20/athlete. Please mail a printed roster and a check made out to IOWA USAG to Todd Beyer at 2906 C Ave NE, Cedar Rapids IA, 52402.
All petitions for State Meets go to State Chair - Todd Beyer, firstname.lastname@example.org
All petitions for Level 6-10 Regionals go to Windee Weiss, email@example.com
All petitions to Xcel Regionals go to Megan Bankole, firstname.lastname@example.org
All rules for petitioning can be found in the Rules and Policies Book, page 58 for Xcel, and page 88 for DP.
The deadline for petitions to Regionals is 3 days after the state meet. Earlier is better if you have an injured athlete
If you have questions, please contact the appropriate Regional personnel.
Iowa USAG © 2013